Wednesday, September 1, 2010

Spicy Vegetable Curry With Black-Eyed Peas

I made the second attempt of these black-eyed peas mixed vegetable curry, but... this time is the spicy version.

Instead of broccoli which I used on my earlier post, I replaced it with potatoes chunks which is husband favorite!

The cooking method is similar to the earlier post; I merely added more of the raw mustard seeds, two cut green chilies, one tablespoon of each of curry powder and chili powder.

Somehow... the colors and photos looked the same, but this version was spicy which goes so well with rice or bread!

2 comments:

Shaheen said...

My mother gave me a packet of black eyed peas, I've been wondering what to do with it. This may just be the ticket.

Meow Meow said...

Hi Mangocheeks
I am glad to hear that you've found a cooking idea to your packet of black eyed peas given by your mum (^o^)

By the way, just to share with you what I have googled and found out about the nutrition contents of these peas, they are excellent source of: Calcium (211mg), Folate (209mcg), and Vitamin A (1,305 IU)...

Please also let me know your comment after you've try out my recipe. Cheers

Related Posts with Thumbnails