Saturday, July 24, 2010

New Green Pasture Cafe

I arranged a meeting with my friend Suzanna (a long-time vegetarian), to meet and chat at the Fortune Centre this afternoon. Why I picked to go to the New Green Pasture Cafe??? Because I stumbled upon many vegetarian blogger reviews of how good and fresh are they sushi roll and soba salad!! So, I decided to have a try!

As we approached the eatery, Suzanna said that she has dine a couple of times there and also commented that, she also like their sushi roll! Hearing this... I look forward eagerly to our orders.

The sushi roll was naturally the number one order. Look at the colours! No rice added...but lots of combination of various raw vegetables all wrapped within the nori. The roll was lightly dressed with a sweet tangy sauce which makes them really yummy (I simply love it ^^).

Our second order was the tauhu goreng! Very light and nutritious.

Our third initial order was supposed to be the soba salad! But the lady at the cashier suggested that we order another item since the sushi roll and soba salad are of similar sauce; therefore I picked the zha jiang mian instead!

The zha jiang mian was topped with plenty of fresh greens and their meat substitutes were made from tofu and some others (I guessed). Again, they were very healthy and satisfying! (^^)

I am sure I will make my second visit for more of their sushi roll again (^o*)

New Green Pasture Cafe
Fortune Centre #04-22
190 Middle Road
Tel: 6336-8755
Open: 11am to 8pm, closed on Mondays

Remarks: It is a self-service eatery and all orders must be made at the cashier.

4 comments:

Peiling said...

Think they ought to consult you on how to better present their food... hahaa... Btw, did you always spend ample time presenting your food for photo-taking???

Meow Meow said...

Hi Peiling
I have to say that if you have a chance to go to the cafe, don't they type of attentive service from restaurants. They are those kind of home based cafe!

For me, I spend time to well-present my food..but also kind of depends on my mood. But if for my guest, presentation is always a MUST!! So photo taking is greatly depend on my mood too....hahah...

suzanna said...

Let's visit them again to try their soba salad! :)

Meow Meow said...

Hi Suz

Sure!! Let's arrange for another chatting gathering again ;-)

Related Posts with Thumbnails