Wednesday, March 5, 2008

Miffy's Baby

Something unbeliveable and shocking happened early this morning, at home. My regular routine, after wash-up is next checking on our rabbit Miffy! When walking near to his cage, I thought I saw some pinkish things laying in Miffy's bed and the thought of he could have vomitted or had a terrible diaharrea came to my mind.... least would I have expected that they are actually little rabbit babies!!!

...Ohhhh...My God!!.... all the while, Miffy is supposed to be a male rabbit. My sis gave 'him' to us and said that she was told by the pet shop owner that Miffy is a male. So, husband and I did not bother to 'confirm again' of 'his' gender; no doubt I chose the name Miffy which was the name of a female cartoon character....

So my sis was laughing all the way when I called her to said that 'he' delivered 10 babies... (Yep!! 10 of them and unfortunately 2 was found dead when I saw them). When I started tracing back 'who' could be the 'culprit' which had made my Miffy pregnant...and we suspected it might be my sis male Angora rabbit.

I guessed we can confirm the real 'culprit' only when Miffy's baby grew slightly bigger... if they are very hairy... it's a sure answer that sis's Angora rabbit had father the babies of Miffys'! As sis mentioned they were staying in the same cage about 2 days, before I brought Miffy home (my sis also added that,' you have given a female name to your rabbit and it became female!!)... Ya...What a joke!!!..

Husband trying to feed one with little milk bottle and animal milk powder...

eight of them will always find their way to stay close...


3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Congratulations on yr new role as Nanny to the 8 little ones! :D

Grow up quick, boys & girls! :)

Meow Meow said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Meow Meow said...

An unexpected 'gift' I would say.... I hope we're feeding them well and keeping them warm! Thanks for dropping by... and do keep a look out for they growing-up photos.

Related Posts with Thumbnails