Saturday, September 1, 2007

Noodles




When I purchased the two types of mee suah, shop owner told me that the thick mee suah is good for stir-fry, so I decided to try it. And ta...daaaa.... here's my first attempt of fried Mee Suah!

My usual cooking habit uses vegetables such as cabbage, carrot, beansprouts, french beans etc... for stir-fry noodles except for capsicum. Since I've three capsicums in the fridge, I decided to try it out. My conclusion is; colourful vegetables make wonders to noodles recipes. And again, I am satisfied with the results of my mix & match! ;-)

Ingredients

1 garlic clove, roughly chopped

1 tbsp of light soy sauce

2 tbsp oyster sauce

2 tbsp dark soy sauce

some pepper

thick mee suah

1 capsicum (green)

1 medium carrot

some shitake mushrooms

a quarter of medium size cabbage

a handful of beansprouts

few thin slice vegetarian ham, sliced


Note: I think if I change ketchup instead of using vegetarian mushroom sauce, this fried noodles could be a mee goreng instead!

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails