Sunday, August 15, 2010

Tempeh Vegetarian Curry

In fact this is rather back-dated, I cooked this more than two weeks ago! Just another simple vegetables curry which I had mixed with tempeh!

Last year, I talked to a close friend of making full use of the soy beans paste which derived after making of my soy milk. She suggested if we can add into the curry. Therefore, I decided to give a try when I cooked my vegetables curry and surprisingly, the soy paste added a thick and rich texture to the curry gravy!

Since then, my soy beans paste became a replacement of coconut milk when I needed to cook curry at home.

As usual, I have used the brand 'Baba' vegetable curry powder with additional turmeric powder.

Mixed them in ration of 4:1, with water to form a thick curry paste.

This is the look of fresh soy bean from the making of my soy milk.

I usually store the extra boxes in the freezer for backup, if the fresh ones are not available.

Lightly pan-fry the strips of tempeh before adding them into the curry.

A pot of nutritious vegetables tempeh curry, ready to be served ^o^

2 comments:

WendyinKK said...

Oh, I didn't know that the soy pulp can be used to cook curries.
Is there soy milk in there?

thanks for sharing

Meow Meow said...

Hi Wendy

Thanks for dropping-by!! ^o^

Yes, at times I do add soy milk together when they are available.

However, if soy milk are not available, you can just add more of the soy pulp to thicken the gravy!

I did try both of the methods(with and without soy milk) in the past. But of course with the fresh soy milk added, will be added nutrients and taste better!! ^o^

I hope you can try one of these days and let me know your feedback too!

Cheers

Related Posts with Thumbnails