Saturday, July 10, 2010

Vegetarian Stir Fry Jap-Chae

Last week, a pack of Korean glass noodles caught my eyes while I was doing my shopping in the supermarket. Since lately, I just can't get enough of Korean food; I decided to have a try of this particular type of glass noodles.

Unlike the Chinese glass noodles which is made from mung beans, these Korean glass noodles are actually made of sweet potatoes flour. The noodles are also broader in size and grey in colour, before and after being cooked.

I am trilled to present my own version of stir fry Korean Jap-Chae. My version, as I have said...is stir frying the various vegetable ingredients, and lastly combining the cooked glass noodles together. This is more of my usual stir-fry Chinese noodles cooking method.

Husband and I love the texture of these glass noodles as they are so springy and firm!

Ingredients

300g Sweet Potato noodles
2 cloves of garlic, minced
2 shallots, thinly sliced
1 small cabbage, shredded
1 carrot, julienned
12 French beans, julienned
1 packet of vegetarian noodles, soaked with hot water and drain dry
10 small Chinese mushrooms, soaked and sliced
2 tsp salt
some pepper
2 tbsp light soy sauce
1 tbsp dark soy sauce
1 tbsp sesame oil
2 tbsp oil

Method


Fill a large pot of water on to boil. Add the glass noodles and cook according to package. Drain and rinse with cold water. Toss about 1 tbsp of sesame oil. Cut the noodles into shorter pieces, set aside.

In a saute pan, heat oil, stir-fry the garlics, shallots, cabbage, french beans, carrots and mushrooms in stages, approx. 40 seconds each. Add salt and pepper to taste. Next, add in the noodles and pour in the soy sauce and stir-fry together for 2-3 minutes until well combined with the rest of the ingredients. Cook until heated through. Sprinkle with sesame seeds and serve.

Yum-Yum...(^o^)

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails