Friday, July 23, 2010

Steamed Radish Cake

I managed to steam this radish cake late last night since I have wanted to try making this. If you love dim-sum, you will be very familiar with this radish cake. The Hong Kong style of radish cakes are usually pan-fried or deep-fried till they are brown and crispy on the outer layer.

The original version of radish cake usually are made with added Chinese sausages, dried mushrooms, lots of dried shrimps together with oyster sauce seasoning in it. In this instance, I wanted to try my version of making it absolutely plain.


Actually, my radish cake looks alright...except it was a lot firmer, which is not to my expectation! I think I have make a mistake for not adding more water to soften the texture.

This morning, I cut them up into rectangular shapes for steaming.


Serve them with topping of sesame seeds and thick sweet soy sauce... ...

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails