Monday, July 19, 2010

Pumpkin Fried Rice

Last weekend, I bought two halves of the pumpkin from supermarket since they were on offer.

I wanted to use half of it to do fried rice and was doing an online search for a good recipe. I was a suprised to learn that pumpkins are used commonly on many types of cookings...but not fried rice!


Instantly, I decided to cook my own Chinese invented fried rice (one-dish-meal) with the existing ingredients found in the fridge.


Ingredients

2 cups of cooked brown mixed red rice
1/2 medium size pumpkin - skinned and diced
1 medium carrot - skinned and diced
some french beans - chopped
8 Chinese mushrooms - pre-soaked and diced
some oil
soy sauce
vegetarian mushrooms seasoning
some pepper

Freshly cooked mixed brown and red rice


3 comments:

Peiling said...

So 'swiu' AH!!! Did u eat with any soup?

Anonymous said...

Hi Catherine Jie,

Lovely blog you have! Not only do you share your yummy recipes, your efforts in taking the photos of them are being appreciated too.. Thanks! ^^

btw, looking at your fried rice made me really hungry xD

Regards,
Yanling

Meow Meow said...

Hi Pei Ling
I only cooked this one-dish meal that day. No soup to accompany with it as I was a little lazy...will probably make a simple miso tofu soup to go with it, next time.

Hi Yanling
Thanks for dropping my blog to pass your nice compliments! ^^

Taking photos may be a little tedious at times; I just do my best to present what I could!

Btw, heard from your sis that you going to ROM soon. Congrats to U!^^

Hope in the near future, you can try out some of my recipes. Cheers!

Related Posts with Thumbnails