Sunday, June 1, 2008

Stir-Fried Gao Kee With Wolfberries

I don't know what this vegetable is called. In Teochew, we call it "Gao Kee Cai" (九枝菜). My mum method of cooking it is to boil them in soup with ikan-bilis stock, and adding the beaten eggs into the boiling soup. Most housewives would know that they improves eye-sight; I thought it should be, since the vegetable turned into deep green when cooked!

Last Friday, husband and I had ordered this dish in the restaurant. Since it tasted so nice with wolfberries, I decided to cook my own with a little trial on my very own method.

Verdict: Of course it don't have the exact taste of what we ate...! But the most important thing is; it is a healthy dish especially both ingredients are known to improve our visions! ^^




2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Is this the 'wang di cai" sold in NTUC? Is it starchy starchy? tks.

Meow Meow said...

Nope! I think you're refering to the "Huang Di Miao"! Not that one. I will show you the veg. when I next visit your place ^^

Related Posts with Thumbnails