Tuesday, January 1, 2008

Green Papaya And White Fungus Soup

This is a Cantonese soup which I got it from my Cantonese soup cook book. I tried cooking this several times when I was residing at my old place where green papaya is readily available at one of the vegetable stall in our nearby wet market.

It has been almost a year plus since I last cook this, as I have not come across any of the green papaya since I shifted! This is a very clear and nourishing soup which also aid in detoxifying our body. Enjoy! ^o^



Ingredients

1/2 chicken (chopped into big pieces)

1 green papaya (remove outer skin, deseed and cut into big pieces)

2 white fungus (soaked, removed the hard stem and tear into big pieces)

some red dates

a handful of wolfberry

a pinch of salt (optional)

Note: White fungus should only be added into soup 30 - 40 mins before turning off the stove. This is to prevent them from making the soup sticky and starchy if they are added too early.

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails