Sunday, January 20, 2008

Banana Cake With Chocolate

It's husband birthday today! As I am only in the beginner stage of baking, I decided to prepare a simple cake as well as to finish up the ripen bananas. I thought a plain banana cake appearance would not be so appealing... therefore, I ended up with this .... (after all, this is my very first DIY birthday cake) ...






Ingredients

255g butter
240g castor sugar (original should 255g sugar)
3 large eggs
41/2 tbsp fresh milk
5 large size banana, mashed (I use 1 to cut slices for cake decoration)
338g plain flour (I actually mix 200g plain flour with 138g cake flour)
11/2 tsp baking powder
11/2 tsp bicarbonate soda

Ganache
100 gm dairy whipping cream
100 gm melted chocolate
20 gm butter


Method


  • Cream butter and sugar together until light and fluffy.

  • Add egg one at a time and cream until smooth and light.

  • Add in milk and banana, mix well.

  • Sieve in flour, baking powder & bicarbonate soda and fold in until well blended. Grease and line the baking mould. Pour the batter into the mould. B

  • Bake at 175C for 60 minutes or until bamboo skewer inserted to cake, comes out clean.

  • When cake is cool, slowly pour ganache over cake, store in fridge to chill the chocolate.


  • No comments:

    Related Posts with Thumbnails